FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who We Are - About Sky World Travel & Tours? Founded in 2012, Sky World Travel & Tours is your travel partner of choice between Swaziland and all major cities in Southern Africa. Our promise is that each and every client will enjoy a safe, comfortable ride, and experience exceptional customer service.
2. What are your pick up points and times from Swaziland? We have daily pickups from the following locations:
- Manzini, Tums George Hotel – 7am and 9am
- Ezulwini, The Gables – 7.30am and 9.30am
- Mbabane, SkyWorld Office – 8am and 10.00am
3. What are your pick up points and times from Johannesburg? We have daily pickups from the following locations:
- Sandton, Gautrain Station – 1pm and 3pm
- OR TAMBO Airport, Terminal B Departures – 1.30pm and 4pm
4. What are your pick up points and times from Nelspruit? We have weekend (Fri, Sat, & Sun) pickups from the following location:
- Riverside Mall – 4pm
5. What is the fare for adults? Adult fares are as follows;
|Johannesburg||SZL/ZAR 600||SZL/ZAR 1100|
|Nelspruit||SZL/ZAR 350||SZL/ZAR 700|
6. What is the fare for children? Children (Under 12 years old) fares are as follows;
|Johannesburg||SZL/ZAR 400||SZL/ZAR 800|
7. How can I make a booking?
- Call: +268 2404 9921 / +268 7664 0001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Booking: www.skyworld.co.sz
8. What are your Payment options?
a. Pay at our office; Office No.8, Checkers Business Park in Mbabane, Open daily from 07:30am – 06:00pm
b. Bank Payment / Electronic Funds Transfer; Bank: FNB Swaziland, Bank Account No: 62379448080, Branch Code: 280164, Swift Code: FIRNSZMX, Account Name: SkyWorld, Reference: Passenger Name
c. Western Union or MoneyGram; Reference: Passenger Name and travel date, Send pickup code details to email@example.com
Please note that you may not travel unless full payment has been received. Please Fax, Email or present proof of payment before date of travel. Click to read our terms and conditions.
9. Where is your office located? Office number 8, Checkers Business Park – Mbabane.
10. How long does the trip to Johannesburg take? The trip to Johannesburg takes Four (4) hours from time of departure in Mbabane.
11. How long does the trip to Nelspruit take? The trip to Nelspruit takes Two (2) hours from time of departure in Mbabane.
12. How many bags can one person bring? Passengers are limited to two (2) large suit cases and hand luggage. Additional luggage is charged at SZL/ZAR 200.00 per piece.
13. Do you go to Durban and Mozambique? Yes.
14. Do you have offices outside of Swaziland? No.
15. Do you do tours around Swaziland? Yes.
16. What are Travel requirements for minors travelling to and from South Africa?
There are different requirements based on how the child is travelling, i.e. children travelling with both parents, children travelling with only one parent, children travelling accompanied but without either parent and children travelling on their own as an unaccompanied minor.
- Requirements for children travelling with both biological parents: A child travelling with both biological parents will be required to travel with their passport and original Birth Certificate.
- Requirements for children travelling with only one parent: When a child travels with only one parent, he/she will require a passport, Original Birth Certificate, a stamped affidavit in which the absent parent gives consent for the child to travel or a court order granting full parental responsibilities, or legal guardianship of the child, or the death certificate of the absent parent. The affidavit should be no more than 6 months old from date of travel.
- Requirements for children travelling accompanied but without either parent: In the case of a child travelling with a person other than a parent, the original Birth Certificate must be supplemented by stamped affidavits from the parents or legal guardians confirming that the child may travel with that person, copies of the ID documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian, and the contact details of the parents or legal guardian.
- Requirements for children travelling on their own as unaccompanied minors: A child travelling as an unaccompanied minor has to produce not only the Original Birth Certificate, but also proof of permission from parents or legal guardians and contact details, plus documentation relating to the person receiving the child in South Africa. The latter documentation should include a letter stating the person’s contact details and residential address, contact details where the child will be residing, plus a copy of his or her ID document, passport or residence permit.
All documents must be either original or copies certified as a true copy of the original by a commissioner of oaths or the equivalent commissioning authority, should commissioners of oath not be a practice in the country concerned. The Affidavit must be dated within 4 months of the first arrival or departure travel date. The same affidavit will still be valid for the departure or return in relation to the same journey regardless of the period of the journey.
17. What are the cancellation terms and conditions? No refunds except for cancellations made 48 hours prior to the travel date. Refunds will be subject to an administrative fee of 100 SZL / ZAR. All changes to bookings are subject to seat availability.
18. How long has Sky World been operating? Taking you home Since 2012.
19. Do you offer refreshments on board? Yes, we offer complimentary sandwiches, and other refreshments.
20. Do you offer Discounts? Yes, we offer the following discounts to Skyworld Travellers;
|Senior citizens/Pensioners get 20% off||SZL 500||SZL 1000|
|Children below the age of 12 years get 30% off||SZL 400||SZL 800|
21. What can a customer expect from SkyWorld? Click to read our Customer Service Charter
Despite being the smallest country in the Southern hemisphere, Swaziland more than makes up for its lack of size with a hugely diverse range of attractions and activities.
As Africa's last remaining absolute monarchy, culture and heritage are deeply engrained in all aspects of Swazi life, ensuring an unforgettable experience for all who visit. As well as the rich culture, the overwhelming friendliness of the people makes all visitors feel truly welcome and very safe. Add to that a stunning landscapes of mountains and valleys, forests and plains; plus wildlife reserves across the country that are home to The Big Five, and you have all that’s best about Africa in one small but perfectly formed and welcoming country.
Border Gate Opening/Closing Times
- Bulembu / Josefdal 08.00-16.00
- Gege / Bothashoop: 08.00-16.00
- Lavumisa / Golela: 00700-22.00
- Lomahasha / Namaacha: 07.00-20.00
- Lundzi / Waverley: 07.00-16.00
- Mahamba: 07.00-22.00
- Mananga: 08.00-18.00
- Matsama / Jepps Reef: 08.00-20.00
- Mhlumeni / Goba: 24hr
- Ngwenya / Oshoek: 07.00-00.00 (24hr pending)
- Nsalitshe / Onverwacht: 08.00-18.00
- Sandlane / Nerston: 08.00-18.00
- Sicunusa / Houdkop: 08.00-18.00